Welding History Quiz (People)
Test your knowledge of Welding History!
1. Experimented and demonstrated the arc between two carbon electrodes using a battery?
2. The Gas Metal Arc Welding process was patented by P. K. Devers and what other person?
3. This person writes about Gold Brazing and the salts that were concocted for the flux
4. This person is a noted chemist with General Electric Co. developed the Atomic Hydrogen
Welding (AHW) Process?:
5. The American Welding Society awards this person for his work on the variable voltage
machine, the ductility and strength of welds, the carbon arc automation process, and his
efforts to expand the use of welding in many industries?
6. Nikolai N. Benardos (Bernados) and this person secured a British Patent for a carbon
arc welding apparatus in 1885?
7. The combustion of Acetylene and Oxygen was discovered by whom?
8. This Professor of Chemistry at the University of Pennsylvania invents the hydrogen blowpipe?
9. The Welding Handbook, first Edition was printed and edited by D. S. Jacobus and whom?
10. This person invented Thermit Welding (TW), an exothermic reaction between aluminum
powder and a metal oxide.. Used to weld railroad rails together?