Contributions and Contributors
My contribution to the Brazing Handbook can be found in Chapter 1, Historical Perspective. Follow this link to the American Welding Society for more information about the Fifth Edition published in January 2008.
I have my first article published with Welding Design & Fabrication 'Engine-Driven Arc Welding Machines', in the July 2005 issue.
ESAB celebrates its 100th Anniversary of O. Kjellberg's Invention of the covered electrode. The greatest invention following 25 years of welding curiosity. The whole magazine is devoted to welding history from the perspective of Sweden. An article, "A History of Welding", written by Klas Weman, examines the history of arc welding and ESAB's involvement with moving the technology into the future.
Visit the web site at: ESAB
"Brazing Footprints: Case Studies in High-Temperature Brazing" by Robert L. Peaslee. A remarkable book, completely indexed to the Brazing Q & A's that were published in the Welding Journal from 1989 to 1999. Written by the 'Father of Brazing' who provides tremendous insight to the world of brazing that he created.
Copies may be ordered from Wall-Colmonoy Corporation, (248) 585-6400.
"Calling all Rosies" by Phil Pratt. (www.welding.org)
The Hobart Institute of Welding Technology quarterly magazine editorial by Phil Pratt, President, HIWT. The article describes the "Image Army" that Mr. Pratt is assembling to promote the image of welding.
Contributed to Rewriting the article about welding in the 1911 Encyclopedia
Update: The page has changed and no longer shows the scanned images from the original document [12 February 2008].
"De geschiedenis van het lassen" by Petra de Hamer, Editor.
Dutch article about the web site written in the June 2000 issue of Lastechniek
"Bringing aerospace welding specifications up to standard" by Dr. Richard Freeman.
Article about aerospace welding specifications written by Dr. Richard Freeman of TWI in the July/August 2000 issue of Welding & Metal Fabrication, using this web site as a basis for the background of welding history.
More interesting images from France of welding machine ads. Images were provided by Dominique of www.soudeurs.com.
Click to view.
- Wojciech MusiaL
- JORGE FIDELINO GALVÃO DE FIGUEIREDO Lisboa, Portugal
- Petra de Hamer, Netherlands Institute of Welding
- Henk Bodt, Netherlands Institute of Welding
- Prof. Mauro Cavallini, Dip.ICMMPM, Roma
- Dr. A. N. Kornienko, E. O. Paton Electric Welding Institute [Benardos Images]
- Marty Baker, Hobart Institute of Welding Technology
- Gasperas Kazlauskas [Interview]
- Sheila Thomas , TWI / JoinIT
- Richard LaFave, Elliott-Turbo.com
- Ronaldo Paranhos, www.infosolda.com.br
- Meg Sondey
- Bob Peaslee [Deceased], WallColmonoy
- Dominique DUSEVEL, Soudage 2000
- Yoni Adonyi, Ph.D., P.E. - Professor, Welding Engineering, LeTourneau University
- M.E. Gedgaudas, Arc Machines Inc.
- Philip Roberts, The European Association for Brazing and Soldering (Registration Required)
- C. W. Smith for the Etymology Section [deceased 2008]
- Pat Haudbine [Images of the first orbital welding head]
- Nancy Porter, EWI/NJC
- Dr. Karl Graff, Edison Welding Institute
- Dick Holdren, Edison Welding Institute
- Professor Bill Green, The Ohio State University [deceased]
- Paul Reed, High Steel Structures, Inc.
- Wayne Hasz