Welding History Quiz (Dates)
Test your knowledge of Welding History!
1. Oscar Kjellberg receives a patent for covered electrodes in what year?
2. Westinghouse used the first all-welded bridge in America in what year?
3. What year was High-Frequency developed for AC Tungsten aluminum welding?
4. The Ohio State University established the Welding Engineering College in what Month?:
5. Plasma Arc Welding (PAW) Process developed by Robert M. Gage in what year?
6. Vannoccio Biringuccio publishes "The Pirotechnia" in Venice, Italy in what
7. The first recorded use of the word weld was when?
8. Pliny describes the use of salts concocted as a flux in approximately what year?
9. Magnetic Pulse Welding (MPW) is introduced by Pulsar Ltd in what year?
10. First laser beam produced using a ruby crystal for the Light Amplification Stimulated Emission Radiation